With our first Vintage Baseball Express trip right around the corner, we wanted to give you 5 tips on how to best enjoy it!
1. Take advantage of the Tour of Ramsey House- Bringing the family history buff with you on the trip? After arriving at Ramsey House, tours are available during the game for $5 and last 30-40 minutes. Be sure to swing by the Visitor's Center to find out the daily schedule and purchase your ticket.
2. Bring a packed lunch- Ramsey House will have traditional baseball concessions and the Rambler will have drinks and snacks available onboard, but passengers are welcome to take advantage of the picnic area to enjoy to homemade (or Subway made) fare. With two hours at the game, there's plenty of time to have lunch and enjoy the game both.
3. Enjoy games on the lawn- If you young ones are getting restless during the game, pop over to the game area. We will have Corn Hole, Ball Toss games, kites and other activities set up to enjoy. Or just throw around a baseball in the shade.
4. Stay Hydrated- While you will be under tents watching to game, please remember to stay hydrated! Especially during those hot August games. Bringing your own drinks is completely fine (no alcohol please!) or water can be purchased for $1 onboard. There will also be complimentary lemonade on or before the train takes off, so grab a cup and enjoy!
5. Interact with the players- Usually at least one player will ride the train out the game and it doesn't get much more historic than that! Get the kids talking with them and hear all about a bygone era. Trust me, they know their stuff!
For online updates, follow us on Facebook here.