Call all Santas for Hire!
Give your class an authentic train experience this field trip season! Every season we have requests for field trips and this year we have these four dates available for just that. Other dates are also possible for larger groups.
School groups, church groups and even large family reunions are welcome on these dates. Call 865-824-9411 ext. 123 for pricing and information about booking.
Friday May 13th at 10am
Saturday June 11th @ 10am
Thursday June 23rd @ 10am
Tuesday July 19th @ 10:30
Jacob Willis was doing routine maintenance on steam engine #203 and discovered a kitten in the engine smokebox. Named “Cinders” the four week old kitten has been adopted by the 3RR Assistant Manager, Erin Cogburn. Cinders was featured on the local news: http://www.wbir.com/life/pets/tiny-kitten-rescued-from-train-locomotive/106508077
With our first Vintage Baseball Express trip right around the corner, we wanted to give you 5 tips on how to best enjoy it!
1. Take advantage of the Tour of Ramsey House- Bringing the family history buff with you on the trip? After arriving at Ramsey House, tours are available during the game for $5 and last 30-40 minutes. Be sure to swing by the Visitor's Center to find out the daily schedule and purchase your ticket.
2. Bring a packed lunch- Ramsey House will have traditional baseball concessions and the Rambler will have drinks and snacks available onboard, but passengers are welcome to take advantage of the picnic area to enjoy to homemade (or Subway made) fare. With two hours at the game, there's plenty of time to have lunch and enjoy the game both.
3. Enjoy games on the lawn- If you young ones are getting restless during the game, pop over to the game area. We will have Corn Hole, Ball Toss games, kites and other activities set up to enjoy. Or just throw around a baseball in the shade.
4. Stay Hydrated- While you will be under tents watching to game, please remember to stay hydrated! Especially during those hot August games. Bringing your own drinks is completely fine (no alcohol please!) or water can be purchased for $1 onboard. There will also be complimentary lemonade on or before the train takes off, so grab a cup and enjoy!
5. Interact with the players- Usually at least one player will ride the train out the game and it doesn't get much more historic than that! Get the kids talking with them and hear all about a bygone era. Trust me, they know their stuff!
For online updates, follow us on Facebook here.
We are proud to announce the vintage baseball express tickets are on sale! Join us on our Vintage Baseball trains this summer season: all trains depart from our depot at 10:30. Watch a vintage baseball game played at Ramsey House by Civil War era rules after journeying by steam train along the Tennessee River to historic Ramsey House. Enjoy kids games on the lawn, baseball concessions and live music behind the field. ***Please note that the Rambler will not arrive back at the station until 3:30-4pm. Buses will be available early into Knoxville from Ramsey House during the game. A short bus ride is required to get from the Rambler to Ramsey House.